Saturday, March 1, 2008

Blogging in Copenhagen

Wow - this airport is HUUUUUUUUGE. But, I managed to find a Starbucks. I think the milk tastes a little strange but I'm going to pretend not to notice that. When I tried to log-in to blog, everything was in Danish. I was flabbergasted. But alas, here I am!! If you ever fly through Copenhagen and you like to shop, schedule yourself a long layover. This place is ridiculous! I still don't get what is local here, though. I just want to get to my Swedish chocolate and gas-water.

I can't believe how much discussion I am having about water. For those of you who think my water-drinking ways are "wasteful", try coming to Sweden! Not only does everyone drink water from glass bottles (is that better or worse than plastic - I am SO not green...), but they drink water "with-gas" out of bottles that require a bottle opener. I LOVE the gas-water here. And the chocolate. And nothing else edible.

For the record....in my approximately 12 hours on "the road" so far, I have been addressed in roughly 9 languages, none of them English. I think Danish? Swedish? Who knows? I'm sooooo Nordic.

No comments: