Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Two Coreys

OK.......I have been getting flack from fans although only one fan has actually responded to my fabulous blogging skills. I have to warn you, I am angry these days. Besides the fact that my diet includes a regular dose of Vicodin (which wouldn't be a bad thing if I were taking it for PLEASURE), I had to put my dog to sleep. I can't get over it. And, I am so sick of the fucking people who think I should be over it in 2 seconds. It's "just" a dog but frankly, I like my dogs better than most people. They don't talk back, they love unconditionally and they never remember why they are mad at you. And they are REALLY cute. And no matter how much time you may want to spend in bed, they don't give you shit - just lay in the bed with you.

On a different note, I caught a couple episodes of "The Two Coreys" the other night. While I am impressed that these two have managed to capitalize again on a career that ended 20 years ago, I am appalled by the Coreys. I am also even more impressed by the child stars who have managed to become adult TV stars. Like "Rick" Schroeder. Or Jason Bateman. Even the Olsen twins have pulled off something. On the other hand, Boner never made it anywhere. BONER...how did they get away with that?? And what ever happened to the Double Trouble twins? Of course, Clooney was on that show and he certainly made it!

Back to the Coreys. First of all, what exactly did Corey Feldman ever do besides be one of the Coreys and get addicted to drugs? Stand By Me?? At least Haim had Lucas to his credit. Feldman has truly made the most of his shoddy child film career by taking advantage of Haim. And with that being said, what the hell happened to Haim?? He is a MESS and Feldman is the most acceptable former child star ever (now that he is off the drugs). Haim has turned into Puck! Has anyone seen this show? Haim is SO Puck.

Ok - I guess I should work a little....from bed. It's almost time for a Vicodin.

One more thing - I have decided from watching Intervention that drug addicts are much more entertaining than alcoholics. The alcoholics are sloppy and mean and it hurts to watch them drink a half gallon of alcohol. Drug addicts, on the other hand, are MUCH more entertaining. They even sell their bodies for drugs!

3 comments:

Leah said...

I have also stumbled across the 2 Coreys and have been sucked into their twisted co-dependent f'd up existence. I don't even know where to start, but I'm glad I'm not the only person who is appalled!
I'm so sorry about Sawyer :( Being a new puppy owner, I can't imagine the day where she will not be around. Take the time you need to recover from the loss, everyone is different. Can't wait to see you so soon (to discuss the Coreys in detail)! L

Jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
terrible said...

my favorite, or least-favorite comment when a beloved pet passes on, is "get another one as soon as possible". what?!? who says that?!?a dog is not a goddam fish! people who say that automatically go on my list as questionable personalities. So Deb, take as long as you need to grieve, and give extra love to herbie that cute little guy - he needs it, and will give it right back!
i have not watched the two coreys yet, which is a major problem. the two coreys were a significant part of my existence back in the day. lost boys, are you kidding me? that was my version of other girls' "dirty dancing" - i watched it over and over about 1 billion times, and spent a few years mimicing the bohemian/homeless style of "star", jami gertz' character. wait a minute, i spent more than a few years rocking that style, but that's besides the point. we're talking about the corey's here, not me.
the two coreys were funny and smart and corey haim was hot. corey feldman was never hot, and especially was not hot when he was wearing that weird michael jackson get-up for that even weirder movie "dream a little dream", also starring corey haim (i think).
but recent photos have changed all that. i am now team feldman - haim is a total meth-face, and he looks kind of mean. feldman, meanwhile, has aged well and could almost be considered goofy-cute, but maybe because that's because i only see him side by side with haim, and every time i see haim i have to avert my eyes, shocked by what i see. what happened there?