Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Situation

Ok - so I knew I loved Jersey Shore but I thought I hated "the situation" (I refuse to capitalize, other than in the title). I LOVE the situation. Yes, he is ugly and annoying and gross - how many times has he had sex in that hot tub?? BUT...I love using the situation in my everyday life. Every time I say, "Do you understand the situation", I crack up. I say it at work, I say it to customers, I say it at home and, without fail, I crack up. So I LOVE the situation.

I love the fact that Snookie (Snooky?) is 4 feet tall, has 4 feet of hair, and is just not bright. I am only being that nice because she got punched in the face (and the situation did not stick up for her, I might add). I love the fact that she met a "farmboy" and he said something about her being a Guido and she slurred, "I'm not a Guido, I'm a Guidette". And she was serious!!!

I love that Ronnie, who looks like somebody hit him over the head with a sledgehammer to make the square body, stole Sam from the situation. I wish she would inform the situation of his ugliness. I love that Vinny hooked up with the situation's sister. I also think Vinny is clearly the hottest guy in the house, but he gets the least air time. Why is that? Do i not recognize appropriate Guido hotness?

So, I was at a work thing today, and I was texting with one of my colleagues about all of the ridiculous sayings my boss has. He uses the word accordingly in every 3rd sentence. It's insane. And, he uses the word etcetera A LOT. Who says etcetera? He does...often. It's bizarre. He'll say something like, "So I was watching that show with Ronnie, the situation, Sam, etcetera, and blah blah blah". An etcetera abuser - ridiculous! Anyway, my colleague reminded me (CRACKED me up) of another phrase my boss often uses. I lost it when I received the text saying the following, "the whole kit and kaboodle". Not only do I love that my boss uses this phrase, I loved seeing it in print! Doesn't it look weird when written? Who says that???

Ok....G'night!

2 comments:

terrible said...

Vinnie is CLEARLY the hottest in the house! AND has the best personality! AND hooked up with the boss' girl! But he is not retarded, a slut, or an abuser of self-tanner and hairgel, so he gets no airtime. It's very upsetting, yet makes sense, I guess.
Ronnie makes me wince every time I look at him, he's so horrible. He's like a t-rex or a raging elephant. "One punch! One punch!" sums him up nicely. He RAN back about a 1/4 mile, knocked a guy out, and then was surprised that he was arrested. Ridiculous. And Sammi showed concern that he was in the car, but still found the time to smooth her hair extensions steadily while talking.
I LOVE this show, and will definitely pull Snooki's signature finger crooking move next time I'm in the hot tub with an ugly dumb guy who I'm about to make out with.

Now onto the subject of useless additions to sentences... "the whole kit and kaboodle" kind of takes the cake, and "etcetera" is ridiculous, but we can't forget about "whatnot". I used to work with a guy who used the word whatnot in EVERY sentence. It was like a stutter. He couldn't stop!!! He used it casually: "I stopped for coffee and whatnot at Dunkin' Donuts this morning." and he used it formally, like when presenting to clients: "You'll see in this area we have taken your handicapped access needs into consideration and added a ramp and whatnot for egress."

Leah said...

I love that show. I'm sad it's over. Do any of you watch Chelsea Lately? If not, you should. I think she's hilarious. Anyway, the cast was on her show and The Situation and Snookie admitted that they constantly hook up now that the show is over, but only when they are on the road and only when there aren't other people to hook up with. NASTY!!!!
I really hope there will be a JS2. Although it probably won't be as good.
Look up on youtube the video of "DJ Pauly D" doing his hair. It's ridiculous.
I also think we need to invest in JWOWW's club shirt line.