Friday, December 14, 2007

Holy shit I made it home

It feels a little funny not blogging from the airport. But, I am happy to say that I am caught up on "The Biggest Loser". And....it's not fair to the women. If I were a woman potentially coming on the show, I would REALLY fatten up before taping. Think about it - if a guy weighs over 400 lbs, he only needs to get to 200 in order to be at 50%. And at 200 lbs., he is probably still fat. A woman, on the other hand, needs to basically become a STICK (as Poppy? did last year) and she STILL won't win. It's just not fair, dammit.

So, for those of you who followed my week and think I work too hard, here's what I did today. I woke up around 8 and talked to my dumbass boss for an hour, shamelessly throwing my colleagues under the bus for their shoddy work throughout the week. Then, I went out to help my friend move some televisions (long story). Then, I quickly took a trip to the gym for an abs class (why are they so damn hard??) and a quick run on the elliptical.

I showered at the gym. YUK. How do people do that? Let me tell you -it is NO spa experience. Needless to say, there ARE the occasional people like TERRIBLE traipsing around naked at the spa (and she looks TERRIBLE naked), but at least they give the option of a soft, soothing bathrobe and flip-flops! At this gym, the towels are able to cover perhaps one boob and why don't they use soap in these places? Since when did "body wash" become an acceptable replacement for soap?? It smells good, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't clean. Ridiculous.

Anyway, my time at the gym was short because......nooooooo, not because I had to work!! Because I had booked a massage!! I decided to lengthen my 1 hour massage to an hour and a half, because she really couldn't address all of my pains in just a mere hour. Then, she lets you lie on this table with body pillows and heating pads and just marinate in the massage aftermath for as long as you want (in my case, roughly 45 minutes). Even at the spa, they don't let you marinate!!

Anyway, that was pretty much my workday - I mean, I did stop off for a cappucino on my way home which suggests I was an exhausted working woman (which I am) but, all in all, a pretty good Friday!!

See -everyone wins when I go to Oklahoma, St Louis and Memphis for 3 days. I get to blow off Friday and blog in the airport and you guys get to hear about the ridiculosities that exist in these little-discussed cities I get to visit.

You will be happy to know that next week, I have plans with "I'm-74-but-I-don't-look-a-day-over-60". She may not be at home when I arrive but has invited me to use her gym, yes HER gym, while I wait for her. She is planning to leave her door unlocked. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

xinaeve said...

I'm SO biggest loser. I even caught myself signing along to "what have you done today to make you feeeeeeeel proud". Of course I was doing the "it's never to late to try" part- which is especially ridiculous but more fitting since whenever doing a duet I'm ALWAYS the man (i.e. our 'you don't bring me flowers' duet. And I totally agree that it's not fair to the women- although there are 3 left and that Bill has lost a lot of weight so I think one of them might actually have a shot to win (Isabeau?). I'm glad you're bringing the CR experience to DC. Can iiiiii marinate???