Thursday, December 13, 2007

leaving okc behind

OK - (and i don't mean oklahoma) - well, yes i do. so, here i am in the airport, getting ready to fly home through memphis (at least they have elvis), and instead of calling my boss back (i'll get to that), i've decided to be blog.

well, maybe i can't wait on the boss thing. so, i've been working for the man for 6 months. is there ANY acceptable reason why this man would need to leave his cell phone number and his FULL name every time he calls me? I mean, i know we have a staff of 7 in the US and i have a boss of one, but just in case i can't identify him by the distinct "UH" he begins each sentence with, he leaves his first and last name along with his cell phone number.

anyway - apparently, my flight is boarding and i am leaving okc, where it is VERY cold. so i told my customer to invite me back in the summertime. and he said, "then it would be VERY hot". so i said, "ok, springtime..." and he said, "Nope, then it would be tornado season." i thought he might be joking until i came to the airport to discover that the women's room is also a "tornado shelter". WHY would anyone live here????

1 comment:

xinaeve said...

your boss reminds me of one of my former schizophrenic patients in DC- remember the one who "worked" occasionally at the front desk and would call me 20 million times a day and EVERY time would first ask if I was there when he knew my voice and i'm the only person at that extension. And he would wind up every conversation with "if you need to contact me you can reach me at the front desk" and then give the phone # for the front desk (as if i didn't work there and didn't know it). And I would always answer, "if I need to reach you I'll probably just step out of my office, proceed 10 feet, and talk to you in person". ridiculous.